Monday, May 3, 2010

Looking For 141,137 New Friends

My name is Steve Myers my wife and I reside in Mount Dora, Florida we have 8 children and 3 grandchildren and here is our story.

My wife and I have just completed the most amazing 13 week in our life. The information that we learned while attending FPU will change my family tree forever. Like most of America we were living check by check with more month than money but we we convince that we were living the American dream. After going through bankruptcy we realized that we had mistaken our dream for a nightmare. We soon acquired new credit cards and was determine not to repeat the roller coaster that had made us both so sick a few years later. In 2009 we purchased a new $143000 home with a mortgage that was less than 25% of our take home pay. Our credit card debt was only $5000 on 9 different card and a car payment of $464.00 and about $25000 in other debt. Since going through FPU we paid of 6 of the 9 credit cards returned the car to the bank and for the first time in our 10 years of marriage we our living on a budget and working our way through the baby steps.( See Daveramsey.com ) We have a little under $2000 in our emergency fund, both Janet and I are driving two vehicles with no payments attached to them.

We have a combined income of about $75000 and looking at being debt free excluding the house within 2 years and another 5 years to pay off the house.So I had this idea and I shared it with my wife it was simply this what if 143000 people sent us 1 dollar we could payoff our house and start investing for our retirement. I'm 44 my wife is 43 so retirement is not that far off.

In FPU lesson 13 titled The Great Misunderstanding deal with the most important aspect of life giving. See I was always a giver both time and money. Janet and I ran our previous church food ministry for 7 years. People in our community knew our spirit and would often give us item that we could give to someone else in need. We understood that we just steward over the assets that God had allowed to flow through our hands.

We look forward to the time when our investment are making more for us than we are making from work. Wow! Just the thought makes me smile. Imagine with me for a moment what you and I could do if we had no debt. Are you smiling yet?You have to see it your mind first and then you can achieve it. Janet and I will be rolling out FPU in our church community this June and we cant wait to start.

So hear where I need your help. I want no mortgage this time next year so I'm looking f0r 141,137 people to send 1 dollar not to me but directly to Bank of America or walking to you local branch . The information is here and this blog will be updated monthly to let you know how we are continuing to walk in Financial Peace. For more information on FPU go to daveramsey.com.

My account # is 198042234
Apply toward principal only
BAC Home Loans Servicing, LP
P.O. Box 650070Dallas, TX 75265-0070
One again thank you and God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment